Educated at Harrow and Oxford University he spent some time teaching before becoming a pupil to Gordon Slynn (later Lord Slynn of Hadley) whose practice was in the commercial and constitutional law fields, before joining Linklaters.
2002 Launched David Wyld & Co
1981-2001 Partner at Macfarlanes for 20 years, including 10 years as head of litigation.
1974-1979 Solicitor at Linklaters. A litigator specialising in administrative and planning law.
1972-1974 Articled at Linklaters
In addition to looking after the interest of clients in many high profile cases, which included many kinds of commercial and property disputes, some involving insurance, insolvency and environmental related aspects,
David has found time to hold the following position:
Chairman of The City of London Law Society (2001 - 2004)
Qualified as a mediator with CEDR (1995)
President of the London Solicitors Litigation Association (1994)
Secretary General of International Law Association (since 1994)
Chairman of the Litigation Sub-Committee of the City of London Law Society 1989-94
His clubs include the Honourable Company of Edinburgh Golfers (Muirfield) and the Berkshire Golf Club.
- Oxford University Faculty of Law, Oxford, England
Professional Associations and Memberships
- The City of London Law Society, Chairman, 2001 - 2004
- London Solicitors Litigation Association, President, 1994
- International Law Association, Secretary General, 1994 - Present
- City of London Law Society, Chairman, Litigation Sub-Committee
Past Employment Positions
- Macfarlanes, Partner, 1981 - 2001
- Linklaters, Solicitor, 1974 - 1979